Who is The Interior Design Showcase for?
There is no sort of interior design business for whom The Interior Design Showcase will not be suitable.
The interior design industry is still unregulated, as we all know, which means a very wide variety of businesses will occupy this business category. The detailed way in which an interior design business’ core services are set out here means that every type of interior design business is easily identifiable – from a small domestic-orientated one-man band to those that are working within a large architectural practice.
This means too that there is no sort of client for whom The Interior Design Showcase is not suitable for.
Ground floor extension and basement conversion by 2LG Studio. This design scheme had to meet the needs of its dynamic female owners and has an industrial and international edge.
Who needs to have a listing on The Interior Design Showcase?
Any interior design business can be listed on The Interior Design Showcase. Here are a few
- Interior designer owner-managed businesses
- International interior design and multi-disciplinary practices
- Freelance interior designers
- Trans-disciplinary design practices
- Architects’ practices with in-house interior design faculties
- Interior designers who are job-seeking.
Earl’s Court Flat by McQuin Partnership Interior Design. This apartment is just 1200 sq ft but has a luxurious feel owing the rich textures of silk wallpaper, teak tiles and soft wool curtains and bespoke joinery to use every bit of space.
What criteria will potential clients be able to search by?
- Town or region
- Nature of project – whether their project is domestic or contract, multi-million or below £25,000, for example
- Services – for example procurement/supply, project management and presentation methods
- Charging methods – for example, hourly or fixed-fees
- The interior designers’ specialities, for example the type of room or building and the support services offered.
Le Meridien Hotel, New Orleans by Meyer Davies. Mid-century elements combined with saturated colours and comic-style graphics create an enlivening atmosphere.
Who will find you on The Interior Design Showcase?
Anyone who is seeking interior design services can find you on this directory. The audience is broad and includes:
- Architects, project managers and other interior design practices looking for interior designers to join their project team
- Home-owners looking for interior designers for minor and major upgrades and new builds
- Owner-managed businesses looking for interior design services
- Clients’ agents acting on behalf of large corporates seeking interior design services
- Property developers and house-builders.
Rothay Garden Hotel, Grasmere, Ambleside by Karen Walker Interiors. This Lake District Hotel was given a make-over which has brought it stylishly up to date with sophisticated, slightly moody colour schemes in plums and greys with bold lines.